T: 01592 611123 | E: email@example.com
McDonald Engineers manufacture a wide range of Calorifiers to suit Vented and Unvented Installations and are widely recognised as the specialists in renewable energy solutions.
Quality is paramount and every McDonald Engineers unit is manufactured to BS853 and follows a BSI approved quality plan to ISO 9002. Each unit is rigorously tested to ensure problem free installation and operation.
- Vertical – mounted on steel or copper ring stand or legs as required
- Horizontal – can be supplied with support cradles to suit
- Direct - electrically heated by an Immersion Heater
- Indirect – heated by Boiler, Heat Pump or similar
- Buffer Vessels – providing additional storage for secondary or primary water
- Marine – a wide range of options and sizes are available often with rapid availability
- Renewables – all units can be manufactured to suit renewable input, such as Solar or Heat Pumps. Copper is the ideal material to maximise the gains from the lower temperatures often involved.
Most units we manufacture are designed to the exact requirements of the project. Our technical sales team work with you to understand the demands of the project and the available space to optimise the capacity and dimensions. We can also help you to minimise the installation time and costs by positioning the connections to the most convenient location to reduce piping requirements.
Our skills, experience and manufacturing expertise have been used to manufacture some of the most complex and technical cylinders. Whether its sizing, multi-fuel applications or looking at ways to achieve the same capacity by using different solutions, our technical team are only too happy to help. This enables you to get exactly what you want without compromising on any aspect of performance.
The growth in demand for Copper calorifiers is largely thanks to coppers’ enhanced thermal conductivity, as well as its excellent non-corrosive and anti-bacterial qualities. These are proven to be more effective at eradicating germs such as MRSA, E-coli and Legionella.
However, other materials are available on request.
Extras Available As Option
- Thermal Insulation - Polyurethane Foam Lagging is most economical but Rockwool insulation with a Galvanised Steel case is also available for a more aesthetically pleasing finish.
- Rapid Recovery - State the re-heat time required and what kW input is available and a Primary heater will be designed to suit.
- Immersion Heaters - as standard supplied with 2¼” Immersion bosses and Immersions can be supplied with up to 18kW to fit these. Flanges can be fitted to take more highly rated Immersions, which we are also able to supply. Control Panels are also available.
- De-stratification Pumps - These can be fitted with the appropriate internal pipework to suit. These eliminate the risk of Legionella.
- Inspection Openings - Allowing access for inspection or cleaning.
- Gauges, safety valves, lifting lugs etc - A complete range of gauges and valves are available on request.
- Plate Heat Exchangers - These can be linked to accomodate high peak demand. Click here for more information on Plate Heat Exchanger
Indirect units can have either a Fixed Coil or a removable ‘U’ Tube Battery, both suitable for Water or Steam. Fixed Coil types are more economical and an access manhole can be added if access is required for maintenance.
Sizing and technical advice are readily available to ensure each unit is supplied suitable for the capacity and pressure required. Design sketches are also available for individual projects.
We have an enviable position in the market for ability to design, manufacture and supply some of the most complex and technical units thanks to our in-house expertise and our advanced machining capabilities.
We also carry a wide range of sheets, spinnings and other materials which helps us to provide a rapid delivery - often within one week.
Whether its sizing, multi-fuel applications or connections, our team are only too happy to help. This enables you to get exactly what your project requires without compromising on any aspect.
To discuss your project just contact us on 01592 611123
Click here to download our brochure or obtain General Operations and Maintenance guidance